Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Open Letter: Part Two

   My Dad passed away March 2, 2012 and, as you can imagine, things around here have been pretty busy and continue to be so.
   I have had a little time now, though, to attend to some unfinished business.
   Awhile back, I posted a blog entitled "Open Letter". I used this forum to vent some of my anger and frustration with the manner in which charitable organizations badgered people into donating. More specifically, I referred to my own father's case. I declared my intent at the time to send this letter to as many of those agencies as I could document.
   I have taken that blog and re-created it, word for word, in letter form. The following is what I shall be adding to the letter, in the form of a "P.S."

   "P.S. I write a blog which is viewed approximately 400 times a month. Several weeks ago I published this letter in blog form and told people that it was my intention to send it to the various agencies Dad had donated money to. There is something about the subject matter that has resonated with people. Not only did they read the blog individually, they then started sharing it with their friends on social networks. It is fully my intention to document your response (or possible lack of) and report back to them. More than anything, though, I want to have a constructive exchange with one of you so that I may take some direction in all of this. Thank you again.

P.P.S. My father passed away on March 2, 2012. With the help of the CPP death benefit, there was enough money in the estate to cremate him. We were forced to have a memorial service in our backyard and, due to outstanding debts, his estate will be finalized with a negative balance."

   I will be sending out 30-40 copies of this letter and will be more than happy to keep you all posted as to the results.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment