Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sex In The Car (Not What You're Thinking)

   A few months ago, I hopped into a car along with Doralyn and two other close lady friends of ours. We were headed out on a short, out-of-town jaunt.
   As a group, we have known each other for over twenty years and there is very little we don't share. I don't really remember how we got onto this particular subject, but at one point one of the lady friends mentioned that she "doesn't do oral and she doesn't do anal". We, of course, all got the giggles at this point and life was fine. Her declaration seemed to almost toe the party line because, really now, who does do those things?
   At the time, however, this gave me great pause for reflection.
   As I mentioned, I have known this particular woman for a long time, have always found her to be extremely attractive and generally thought that her husband was quite the lucky guy.
   Until she made that comment.
   Now don't get me wrong, regardless of her opinion around those two particular practices, I still think he's a pretty lucky guy and I know many would agree with me. I think it's also possible that what gets said in a car among friends may not be what actually goes on at home between couples.
   The whole experience, though, reminded me to subtly re-think how I view people in general, particularly in terms of their attractiveness and/or sexuality. It all kind of gets back to that "beauty is only skin deep" thing we hear so much about. Just because a person is outwardly attractive doesn't mean that he or she is going to make a good sex partner, depending on what you're looking for in that regard. On the other hand, someone who may exhibit what might stereotypically be described as physical flaws may, at the same time, be quite liberated and adventuresome with their sexuality. Until you get right down to it, there's no telling.
   Much of our disposition towards what is sexually appealing is, of course, media-based. There is really no end to the supply of exquisitely shaped and groomed bodies out there in magazines, the internet and on T.V. and movie screens. We see them, of course, in a perfect light. Peel away the make-up and what you get is often much less than perfect. Beyond that, you may also get less than the perfect sex partner you've envisioned based on what you saw up there on screen. Great beauty often breeds great insecurity and an insecure person already has one strike against them when it comes to enjoying their own sexuality. In this way, physical beauty does not always guarantee a fulfilling (or fulfilled) sex partner.
   Hopefully, you can be comfortable with your own sexuality. After that, hopefully you can find someone who is comfortable with theirs. I think it creates a wonderful union when two like-minded individuals end up together in this way. It's not the be-all and end-all to a relationship, it's just a wonderful bonus! 

  

4 comments:

  1. Interesting thought! But soo true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful to this blog for assisting me. I added some specified clues which are really important for me to use them in my writing skill. Really helpful stuff made by this blog.
    ตลาด ซื้อขาย รถ มือ สอง

    ReplyDelete