Saturday, December 28, 2013

"Neanderings" Turns Three!

    Earlier on in December, "Neanderings" turned three.
   This kind of blew me away, as some anniversaries are prone to do, simply because you tend to lose track of time and then forget that you have been doing one thing or another for as long as you actually have been.
   At the same time, there have been a couple of other blogging anniversaries to celebrate--Year One for "Strides", my running blog, and 10,000 page views for "Neanderings"--so I've kind of lost track a little of the "housekeeping" end of things.
   So, Year Three is in the books.
    As I usually do, I went back and took a bit of a look at what I'd been up to in "Neanderings" in the past year.
   There were no trends. Apart from a series of blog posts devoted to a brief Efudex treatment I found myself undergoing at one point, I was all over the place with my randomness.
   I wrote a little bit about crime (The Last Thing I Wanted To Write About, Dead building, and Boston), a little bit about the blogging experience itself (Be Careful What You Say, Where The Heck Have I Been, and I Am A Blasphemer) and a little bit about the aging process (Turning Sixty, Cranky Old Man).
   A couple of times I got into a bit of a silly mood (Apple, Halves and Important Stuff You Need To Know) and occasionally I wanted to touch on relationships (Carving, This Christmas, I Am Woman, Reunion and Autistic Boy Meets Damaged Woman).
   Apart from these, there were a whole host of totally random topics touched on, with titles like "Jesus, God and Facebook", "Coffee", "Hypocrisy", "Kika In The Bar", "I Am Unfriended" and "Would anyone like to sit on the purple couch?" I love random!
   Toward the latter part of the year, I also extended my blog audience to include Google+ and Twitter along with the ever-trustworthy Facebook. What this meant was that all of the sudden much of the "Neanderings" audience started coming from the States, whereas before it was primarily Canadian people reading. A larger audience also meant that I received my first little bit of anonymous criticism--another blogger described a blog post from last year as "pure blasphemy" and indicated that I would surely be punished. It was a small blip, however, and still good to know that people were reading!
   It's been a pretty good year and I intend to keep writing as much as I possibly can, regardless of who and how many might be stopping by from time to time.
   If you are a faithful reader, I thank you greatly! Some of you are new and some of you have been visiting since the beginning. Here's hoping we can get together many more times in the future!
   Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment