Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Social Experiment

    Well, I've discovered that sex does, indeed, sell! Now if only I had something to sell...!
   In my most recent blog, entitled "Sex", I picked that title and combined it with a semi-erotic picture of a couple embracing. The result was that in less than 24 hours that blog surpassed the viewership of any blog I've written, to date! I have been blogging for slightly over a year now and none of my blogs have accumulated, over that whole time period, the same number of views this blog did in slightly less than a day.
   I find this pretty astounding and not really surprising, at the same time.
   I was pretty certain when I set up the posting this way that it would garner more attention than others. Sex is pretty universally interesting to people, as opposed to me just rambling on about things to do with, well....mainly just me, I guess. I guessed that this blog would end up with more views than any of the others, I just didn't think it would happen in less than 24 hours.
   So the stats were interesting but, like a lot of stats, don't tell the whole story. All I'm really able to find out is how many individual times a blog is viewed. That could then be ten people viewing a blog one time each or it could be one person viewing the same blog ten times. And, of course, it doesn't tell me who viewed the blog and then actually read it! Hard to say how many people got into it, realized that they'd been tricked (sorta) and immediately left. Or those who ended up there by accident (it does happen).
   To the right of blog entries, there's a list of my seven most popular blogs, in terms of "views", "Sex" will, for quite awhile I imagine, be right near the top of that list. Possibly, people might might even realize there's a whole bunch of blogs listed and might be tempted to see what other things my quirky brain's come up with over the past year and in the time to come.
   So I guess we'll see. I don't imagine people were too upset over being part of my little experiment, I tried to give them at least a little something of interest to while away a few minutes...

1 comment:

  1. I did originally have a few pictures attached with this but when I tried to post a link to Facebook I found out Neanderings had been flagged, as there was something about it that had been deemed "abusive" or "spammy". So I went about deleting whatever I thought I could do without, picture-wise, just in attempt to be able to link it to Facebook, that's why no pics, so sad!

    ReplyDelete