Monday, September 21, 2015

Man On Fire Revisited

   Things (mainly my face) are about to get ugly. Again.
   Last night, I began another three-week series of Efudex treatments on my face. I kind of chronicled my first run of treatment with Efudex a couple of years ago and referred to it as a "Man On Fire" because Efudex is a topical chemotherapy cream which essentially burns away skin cells. The skin cells we're aiming for are pre-cancerous ones (which is good) but the treatment also does a bit of a number on ALL the skin cells it touches (which is bad) so the end result is somewhat akin to a nasty sunburn.
It's you 'n' me, Eff You Dex, just you 'n' me.....

   My original treatment was not nearly as bad as I was led to believe it could have been and this time around we're only talking about two or three tiny little spots I need to treat so no big deal. More of a pain in the....face...I guess!
   The last time around, I chronicled the experience pretty extensively (with pics, even!) and if you're at all interested in close-ups of my ugly mug with even uglier red spots on it you can go back to September of 2013 on the Blog Archive (scroll down the right hand side if this page) and click on it. Religious scrolling will then take you to a whole series of blog posts on the subject. Or you could just go cut the grass, instead! And, if you're a friend of mine who actually occasionally sees me in person and is wondering what the tiny blotches are, well, now you know! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment