Sunday, October 6, 2013

Man On Fire: Day Seven

   Almost a week ago, I started the Efudex treatment and, so far, there has not been a lot of change. The discomfort has been almost non-existent. If anything, the patch of skin on my cheek is a slightly deeper red now although this is hard to see on the pic I took.
   I've been reminding myself that, according to all the literature, the discomfort increases greatly during the second week of treatment. I am almost looking forward to this as it should give me more confidence that the Efudex is actually doing its thing. Right at the moment, it just feels like a mild sunburn.

Once again, my "before pic".
   I go back to see my dermatologist, Dr. Horgan-Bell, this Wednesday morning. If there's another side-effect (benefit) from all this it's that I'm now paying a little more attention to all the other little spots on my body and am planning on talking to her about them this week.

Day 7--not a lot of change but
a little more tender to the touch
   This weekend has constituted my "off" days--no application of the Efudex. This is to give my face some time to recover and I actually have a whole other cream to apply, to facilitate this. Because I was in such minimal discomfort, though, I haven't yet felt the need to apply any. I'm not sure if I'm being a good boy or not! Maybe later today...
   At any rate, it's back to the Efudex tomorrow and we'll see what the next week brings! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment