Saturday, October 19, 2013

Man On Fire: Final Treatment

   Last night, I completed my final (I hope) Efudex application. Now to let the face heal and see what the outcome is!
   Along the way, I never experienced anywhere close to discomfort I'd been warned about by Dr. Horgan-Bell. I guess this is okay but, at the same time, I hope that the desired effect has been reached. I imagine that every patient is different and I hope that the level of sun damage I'd experienced was not severe enough to invoke a similar reaction as what I'd found on the internet or been warned about in the literature I'd been given at the doctor's office.
   Below is a pic of my face this morning. It still looks nasty but I can tell that it is changing for the better. For the last couple of days it has been, in very small sections, slowly peeling away. This was something I was expecting and , because I was expecting it, I find it gratifying and perhaps a little bit of evidence that the whole process has achieved its purpose. Time will tell!

Today. Perhaps a little lighter...
Couple of days ago.
   To the left is also the previous pic, for comparison sake. Not a lot of difference between the two!






2 comments:

  1. Well, I'm glad you didn't suffer too much pain. I have some brown discoloration on my face, it's not sun spots though. I've been told it's hormonal. I have tried a few different creams that I like but they are so expensive! Yikes!
    Keep us posted on your progress and here's to no pain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sami, I think if my face had looked like this in high school I'd have been devastated but these days I kind of enjoy scaring people! And your face looks quite fine from here!!

      Delete